- Collection of Information
“Personal Information” is any information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, telephone number, address, location, e-mail address, and credit card information. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information, but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register for an account to use the Website and Service or be able to access and use the Website or Services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website and Service. We may collect Personal Information when Merchants subscribe to the Service, when you use the Service to process and order or payment, when you visit the Website, during communications with you and/or when you make use of the Service, through user support, and/or by way of user surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature that is not linked to an identifiable individual. It includes aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, webpages accessed, and average time spent on the Website and/or Service. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is generally not considered Personal Information under applicable privacy laws.
Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by Us in the course of operating this Website and the Service. For example, our web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information that is provided through your browser or stored in a cookie when you choose to visit the Website and/or use the Service.
- Use of Personal Information
We collect various types of information for the following purposes:
- Registration and Eligibility: To subscribe to the Service as a Merchant, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information, including name, contact information, credit card billing information. We collect and use this information in to administer your subscription to the Service. eThor also uses third-party resellers who may be collecting this information on behalf of eThor
- Use of Service: We also collect information related to a Customer’s use the Service, including transaction amount, items ordered on receipt, Merchant to which payment was made as well as the date, time and location of the transaction (“Transaction Information”). eThor then aggregates and anonymizes this Transaction Information to conduct analysis of Customer spending habits on an aggregate and anonymized basis. Transaction Information, including aggregate statistics that does not personally identify an individual, will be kept by Us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to third parties.
- Disclosures & Transfers
eThor discloses Personal information for the following purposes:
- Merchant transactions: eThor will share Personal Information with the Merchant when a Customer transacts with the Merchant in order to process the purchase order and payment.
- Our Service Providers: From time to time, We may employ third parties to help Us improve or otherwise make available features on the Website and/or the Service, whether through the provision of maintenance services, database management, Web analytics or otherwise. eThor may provide Personal Information collected from you, to its service providers as necessary to enable the service provider to perform its obligations to Us. They will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using or disclosing any Personal Information for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent, where permitted or required by law, for example if We have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally), our rights or property, other users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when We believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and/or in accordance with the law.
- Security and Data Storage
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff or other permitted persons or companies as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes We have communicated to you.
Our servers are located in Canada and the United States (although this location may change from time to time) and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to local governments in Canada and the U.S. or their agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards We have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information. By using our Website and Service, you consent to the hosting of your Personal Information in Canada and the United States. We reserve the right to store and process Personal Information outside of Canada and the U.S., and will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with at least 30 days’ notice of any such changes in the processing location.
We think that children’s privacy is particularly important and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information about minors of 13 years or younger. If notified of having done so, we will take immediate steps to remove such data from our databases.
- Amendment of this Policy
- Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information We hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information We have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that Personal Information. Upon receipt of your written request, We will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information. Although in certain limited circumstances, We may not be able to make all relevant Personal Information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another individual or as otherwise required or permitted by law. In such circumstances, We will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and We will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which We are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables Us to give you the best possible service.
- Contact Us
You can help by keeping Us informed of any changes to your Personal Information. If you would like to access your information, have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions, or if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact our Privacy Officer via email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
eThor Media Ltd.
#500 – 1300 8 St. SW
Calgary, AB, Canada, T2R 1B2